Par admin le 8 avril 2013
Télécharger l’appel : Letter to UNSC Members
April 5, 2013
Please add your support to over 1,000 activists who are outside of the Sudan Mission to the United Nations today demanding unimpeded humanitarian assistance to all conflict areas in Sudan by taking appropriate measures under Article 41 of the UN Charter against the government of Sudan as mandated by UN Security Resolution 2046.
The rally, which is part of Amnesty International’s annual “Get on the Bus for Human Rights” day of education and activism, recognizes with dismay the 10th anniversary of the commencement of mass atrocities in Darfur, and the spread of those atrocities to the border regions of Sudan (Nuba Mountains/South Kordofan, Blue Nile and Abyei) for the past two years.
Activists are calling on the government of Sudan to:
- End its aerial and land attacks on civilians
- Allow unimpeded humanitarian access to all conflict areas in Sudan
- Permit safe passage of civilians seeking to escape bombing
- Cease harassment and detention of individuals who seek freedom of expression
- End impunity for indicted war criminals